SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver Course (10 – 14 years)
SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course (15 years +)
GS-DIVING conducts open water classes with no more than 4 students per instructor during the open water dives. Courses all year round.
What is required?
- 10 years of age (note – additional charges apply for 10 and 11 year olds)
- Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit and comfortable in the water
- Able to swim 200 metres non-stop
- Able to tread water or float for 10 minutes
- Complete all required skills in the pool
- Complete 4 open water dives in the ocean
- You will have to fill in and sign the student profile, liability releases and medical statement (or Parent/Guardian may need to sign, if applicable)
- When in doubt about your health, a dive doctor’s opinion should be sought.
STEP 1 – Sign up with GS-Diving, settle payment and receive training material.
STEP 2 – Complete SDI e-learning (online self study and exams)
STEP 3 – Complete pool session (conducted on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
from 6.30pm at Outram) Dates to be confirmed.
STEP 4 – Open Water Dives at Batam, Indonesia.
Price includes all online training material, 1-2 pool session in Singapore and 2 dives on beach, 2 dives on boat with all dive gear at Batam. Hotel (sharing room) 1 night, inc breakfast and free 15 minute massage, transportation (pick up from terminal – hotel-dive shop-dive site-return) boat. Lunch (on beach and boat) and return ferry from Singapore to Batam.
Should you miss, cancel, or do not show for a pool session or open water session, you will be required to pay again when rescheduling. Additional fees payable – SGD80 for pool and no refund for open water dives.
Suggest you don’t miss any!