PADI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver Course (10 – 14 years)
PADI Open Water Scuba Diver Course (15 years +)
GS-DIVING conducts open water classes with no more than 4 students per instructor during the open water dives. Courses all year round.
What is required?
- 10 years of age (note – additional charges apply for 10 and 11 year olds)
- Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit and comfortable in the water
- Able to swim 200 metres non-stop
- Able to tread water or float for 10 minutes
- If you are unable to complete the swim and/or float, we recommend you first learn to swim before starting this course.
- Complete all required skills in the pool
- Complete 4 open water dives in the ocean
- You will have to fill in and sign the student profile, liability releases and medical statement (or Parent/Guardian may need to sign, if applicable)
- PADI Medical statement
- If you answer “YES” to any question on the Medical Statement a dive doctor’s opinion should be sought.
STEP 1 – Sign up with GS-Diving, settle payment and receive training material.
STEP 2 – Complete the self study including writing all the answer in the manual. Once complete you are required to join a theory review session, complete quizzes and exam with a GS-Diving Instructor.
STEP 3 – Complete pool session (conducted on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
from 6.30pm at Outram). Dates to be confirmed. Approximately 3-6 hours, depending on the group size and learning speed.
STEP 4 – Open Water Dives at Pulau Hantu, Singapore.
Two half days on either a Saturday or Sunday.
Dates to be confirmed.
Price includes all online training material, 1-2 pool sessions, 4 open water dives at Paulu Hantu, all dive gear for the duration of the course and certification. Water and a light snack will be provided during the open water dive trips.
Should you miss, cancel, or do not show for a pool session or open water session, you will be required to pay again when rescheduling. Additional fees payable – SGD80 for pool and SGD100 for open water dives.